UK 2022 Tutankhamun Silver Proof £5 Coin
100th Anniversary of Tutankhamun: UK Silver Proof £5
Last year marked 100 years since Howard Carter made the most dramatic finding in archaeological history – the discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb.
So, to celebrate a century since this remarkable discovery, a UK £5 coin has been released in superior Silver Proof Quality…
- Struck from .925 Sterling Silver to a flawless mirror Proof finish.
- Featuring a reverse design by Royal Mint designer Laura Clancy, depicting an image of Tutankhamun with his iconic death mask alongside a distinctive edge inscription reading ‘Valley of the Kings’.
- Comes presented in official Royal Mint packaging which contains a booklet recounting the story of the discovery.
- One of the last releases to feature Queen Elizabeth II on the reverse.
- Just 1,922 released worldwide – one of the lowest edition limits of a Silver Proof coin in recent years.
Don’t miss out – secure yours today for the official Royal Mint price of £95 (+p&p).
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2022
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Weight: 28.28g
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Designer: Laura Clancy
- LEP: 1,922
We Also Recommend