UK 2022 Silver Proof £5: First Official Portrait of King Charles III
** This is a pre-order item. **
A UK £5 has been authorised for release to honour the incredible life and legacy of Queen Elizabeth II.
Importantly, this is also the first UK £5 to feature the new King Charles III portrait on the obverse.
- The FIRST UK coinage to feature King Charles III on the obverse, designed by renowned sculptor Martin Jennings and fully approved by His Majesty the King
- Released to honour the life of Queen Elizabeth II, the UK’s Longest Reigning Monarch.
The reverse features a design by John Bergdahl and The Royal Mint, with two new portraits of Queen Elizabeth II
- Struck from .925 Sterling Silver to a Proof Finish
- Comes presented in official Royal Mint Packaging with a Certificate of Authenticity
- Unusually this coin doesn’t have a set edition limit, however, it will only be available at the Mint until 31st December 2022
The Royal Mint has advised us that this item will be ready for despatch in February 2023. We will make every effort to deliver this item to you as soon as it becomes available, and sooner than February if at all possible.
We Also Recommend