UK 2019 50th Anniversary of the 50p BU Pack
Own the 50th Anniversary of the 50p Brilliant Uncirculated Pack
In 1969, the 50p was first introduced to British purses and pockets as a part of decimalisation. The unique and modern 50p was a huge change from the shillings and pence that went before it.
2019 marks 50 years since this significant change in British coinage. During this time, the 50p has become one of the most collected coins, featuring many different commemorative designs.
Earlier this year, to celebrate this landmark anniversary, The Royal Mint re-issued some of the most popular and most collectable 50ps in Base Proof and Silver Proof quality.
Each set included the most sought-after and rare 50p – Kew Gardens. Extremely difficult to find, only popping up in change once in a while, this coin is the pinnacle for most 50p collectors.
The popularity of these sets was unprecedented, and the full allocations of 3,500 and 1,969 respectively COMPLETELY SOLD OUT within 2 hours at The Royal Mint. The speed at which the sets sold out meant inevitably many collectors missed out.
Your chance to own the set – in Brilliant Uncirculated quality
Now, to give more collectors the chance to own these sought-after coins, The Royal Mint has issued the set in Brilliant Uncirculated quality. Including some of the most collectable designs:
- Britannia 50p – replicating the original design of the 50p when it was first released in 1969, the Britannia 50p, designed by Christopher Ironside, is instantly recognisable.
- 100 Years of Girl Guiding 50p – this 50p, originally released in 2010, celebrated the centenary of 100 years of Girl Guiding and featured the trefoil, the symbol of Girl Guiding.
- The Scout Movement 50p – marking the centenary of the Scout Movement, this 50p was originally released in 2007 and featured the Scout’s symbol and motto ‘Be Prepared’.
- First Sub-Four Minute Mile 50p – released in 2004, this 50p marks the fiftieth anniversary of the first time the four-minute mile was broken by Roger Bannister in 1954.
- Kew Gardens 50p – this 50p was released in 2009 to mark 250 years of the botanical garden, and is the rarest 50p in circulation, making it incredibly popular.
Beautifully presented in official Royal Mint packaging and protectively encapsulated, you can add these iconic 50ps to your collection today for the Royal Mint issue price of £45.
- Country of Issue: UK
- Year of Issue: 2019
- Coin Diameter: 27.30mm
- Coin Weight: 8g
- Obverse: QEII by Jody Clark
- Reverse: Various
- Metal: Cupro-Nickel
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
- Edition Limit: Unlimited
We Also Recommend