UK 2017 Isaac Newton Silver Piedfort 50p
This year marks the 375th Anniversary of Isaac Newton’s birth. As one of the most famous figures to ever hold the role of Master of the Mint and author of the single most influential book on physics ever written it is entirely appropriate he is celebrated on a UK coin.
- It’s a 50p minted in 925/1000 Sterling Silver by The Royal Mint.
- The reverse design by Aaron West is based on elements of Proposition 11, in Book One of Newton’s Principia Mathematica.
- Obverse carries the Jody Clark portrait of Her Majesty.
- Each comes in its own Royal Mint presentation case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Worldwide limited edition of 3,000 – 1,000 less than the standard Silver issue
- It’s a Piedfort, struck on superior double-thickness blanks and finished to the very highest proof finish.
Strictly limited edition – strong sell-out history
This year Royal Mint releases have sold out incredibly quickly. In fact, the entire Sapphire Jubilee range completely sold out in one week and the new Prince Philip range sold out in just ONE DAY.
As Official Distributors we’ve secured 200 of these coins and one can be yours today – if you’re quick.
Time is short, so don’t delay. Click ‘Add to Cart' now to secure yours.
- Weight: 16g
- Diameter: 27.3mm
- Metal: .925 Silver
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Jody Clark
- Reverse: Aaron West
- Country of issue: United Kingdom
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Limited Edition Presentation: 3,000
- Denomination: 50p
We Also Recommend