The Platinum Wedding Anniversary Platinum One Pound Coin
Brand new Platinum One Pound Coin marks RAREST Royal Anniversary
This year Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh become the first British monarch and consort ever to celebrate incredible 70 years of marriage or Platinum Wedding Anniversary.
To celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime event a brand new limited edition coin has just been issued and is expected to be particularly sought-after. Here's why:
1) This coin measures 22.5mm in diameter and is the FIRST British Isles One Pound Coin struck from 7.98g of 995/1000 Platinum - This is also the same weight and diameter as the traditional UK Sovereign.
2) Platinum coins are rare due to the difficulty in mining Platinum as a metal. In fact, just 220 tonnes of Platinum is mined a year - that's more than TEN TIMES less than Gold. What's more, because of the difficulty in striking such a hard metal, hardly any platinum coins are struck, which means this a particularly rare opportunity.
3) It features a brand new, ONE-YEAR-ONLY double portrait of the Royal couple, sculpted by renowned artist Luigi Badia.
4) Just 995 have been released worldwide, a tiny amount for such a significant anniversary especially when you consider The Queen’s 90th Birthday Gold £1 and the Sapphire Jubilee Gold £1 with the same edition limit SOLD OUT in record time. There's a high chance this one will too.
5) It marks the FIRST EVER Platinum Wedding anniversary and one of the most significant Royal events our country has ever seen.
NOT owning this coin would mean you miss out on owning one of the most historically important coins issued during her majesty's reign. Click ‘Add to Cart’ to secure yours now.
- Country of Issue: Jersey
- Year of Issue: 2017
- Denomination: One Pound
- Metal: 995/1000 Platinum
- Weight: 7.98g
- Diameter: 22.5mm
- Finish: Proof
- Obverse: Luigi Badia
- Edition Limit: 995
We Also Recommend