Alles verlief bestens. Schneller Versand.
I am happy to add this set of beautiful coins to my collection.
The History of British Railways BU £2 Coin Set
This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the amalgamation of the railway companies due to the Railway Act. In 1923, 120 regional railway companies merged and formed four larger companies in different parts of Britain.
To commemorate this, a special 5-coin Brilliant Uncirculated £2 Set has been issued, each featuring one of the most famous locomotives from around the country:
- LNER 'Mallard' - the world's fastest steam locomotive. It rocketed to 126mph in 1938, a steam speed record that has never been surpassed.
- LMS 'Duchess of Hamilton' - preserved steam locomotive built in 1938 and on display at the National Railway Museum
- SR 'General Steam Navigation' - this locomotive had many novel engineering features, such as it was among the first to use welding in the construction process
- GWR 'King Edward II' - the most powerful locomotives on the Great Western Railway
- IOM Steam Railway 'Fenella' - it is the 150th anniversary of the IOM Steam Railway
The designs were drawn by Honorary Member of the Guild of Railway Artists, Steve Wyse.
Click the 'add to cart' to secure yours now.
- Country of Issue: Isle of Man
- Year of Issue: 2023
- Metal: Bi-metallic
- Diameter: 28.4mm
- Weight: 12g
- Denomination: Two Pounds
- Reverse: Steve Wyse
- Obverse: Glyn Davies
- Finish: Brilliant Uncirculated
We Also Recommend