Sir Douglas Bader Silver 5oz Spitfire Medal
Own a genuine piece of a WWII Spitfire that actually flew in the D-Day raids!
*** Own an actual piece of Spitfire AB910 ***
Just 170 collectors have the opportunity to own a fascinating piece of real history from the D-Day raids.
This extraordinary commemorative has been issued to mark 40 years since the founding of the Douglas Bader Foundation, but with only a minimal amount of this historic metal available, it means that JUST 170 commemoratives can ever be produced!
Struck from 5oz of pure .999 Silver, a 3D Spitfire model sits proudly on top — made from a piece of aluminium from Spitfire AB910 which flew in the D-Day raids playing a significant role in the operation that marked the beginning of the end of the war.
- Issued to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Douglas Bader Foundation. A charity set up in 1982 in recognition of Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader, a leading airman during WW2. A donation from each sale will go directly to the charity.
- Features a 3D Spitfire model made from a genuine piece of aluminium from a Spitfire AB910 — which actually flew in the D-Day raids.
- Struck from 5oz of .999 pure silver to an antique finish. The first precious metal provenance medal to ever be released
- Presented in a floating frame so that both the obverse and reverse designs are visible
- With only a small amount of the historic spitfire metal available, only a limited number of these commemoratives can be made. Only 170 produced for worldwide distribution.
Remember, not only will you be receiving a piece of genuine British aviation history, but you will also be helping to support the Douglas Bader Foundation itself, as a donation from each sale goes directly to the charity.
Click ‘add to cart’ to secure yours.
- Metal: 999/1000 Silver
- Diameter: 65mm
- Weight: 155.53g
- Obverse: Model Spitfire made from Aluminium from AB910
- Reverse: Beata Kulesza-Damaziak
- Finish: Antique
- Edition Limit: 170
We Also Recommend